- This event has passed.
“How Do We Approach the Problem?” Interdisciplinary Perspectives
September 5 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Click here for Facebook event. How do experts from different fields approach important problems facing us today? Author Moustafa Bayoumi and UNC professors from across campus will discuss the complex issues raised by Bayoumi’s book, How Does it Feel to be a Problem?: Being Young and Arab in America. Faculty from the sciences and the humanities will join Bayoumi for a dynamic conversation of these issues and questions raised by the audience. This event is brought to you by UNC’s new Integrated Curricula Program, in conjunction with the 2017 Carolina Summer Reading Program.
• Moustafa Bayoumi, Author
• Cemil Aydin, Professor of History
• Juliane Hammer, Associate Professor of Islamic Studies
• Mosi Ifatunji, Assistant Professor of Sociology
• B. Keith Payne, Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience
• Cary Levine, Associate Professor of Contemporary Art History
• Viji Sathy, Teaching Associate Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience