- This event has passed.
Elder Care: “Caring from a Distance” (Webinar)
October 17, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
If you have an elder who requires assistance yet does not live near you, helping out may seem difficult. However, distance doesn’t mean you can’t provide comfort and care for your elder. By devising care strategies, developing emergency plans, and building a support system of family, friends and local resources, your elder can have the care and attention he or she needs.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
Identify the unique problems associated with caring from a distance
- Describe the emotional costs of caring from a distance
- Describe how to set reasonable expectations and to obtain support
- Recognize that you are not alone in this situation
Identify how to create a care giving plan
- Describe how to properly evaluate the situation
- Describe how to research and analyze your options
- Describe the process of making decisions
Describe the available resources for elderly adults
- Describe the role of adult day care, personal, house and medical care services
- Identify helpful tips for keeping in touch and monitoring the situation
- Identify strategies for effective communication with your elder relative, family and local care givers
Register through ConnectCarolina (Self-service >> Training Enrollment).